Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is sexual assault awareness month, or SAAM. Each year has a different theme, announced by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. The theme for April 2017 is, “Engaging New Voices”
These .PDF resources have been supplied by the NSVRC. Click on English or Spanish to download that version.
Some previous SAAM resources are also included below:
SAAM 2016: Resources on Campus Sexual Assault and Campaign Materials:
- SAAM Prevention is Possible Flyer: English | Spanish
- What is sexual violence?: English | Spanish
- The impact of sexual violence: English | Spanish
- Prevention is possible: English | Spanish
- SAAM Campaign Brochure: English and Spanish
- How to create a campaign: English | Spanish coming soon.
- SAAM event planning guide: English| Spanish coming soon.
SAAM 2015: Resources on Campus Sexual Assault
- An overview on campus sexual violence prevention: English | Spanish
- What is healthy sexuality and consent?: English | Spanish
- What is campus sexual violence?: English | Spanish
- Understanding sexual violence – tips for parents and caregivers: English | Spanish
- Action steps for health care professionals: English
- Action steps for faculty and staff: English
- Action steps for campus administrators: English
Every April our statewide community comes together to start important conversations about sexual assault. 2016 events are listed in our events calendar below. Click on an event for additional information. For a detailed list of events, select the Agenda tab at the top of the calendar. You can also see a list of events on our Upcoming Events page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your event added to the calendar.