Sexual Assault Awareness Month
April is sexual assault awareness month, or SAAM. Each year has a different theme, announced by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. The theme for April 2015 was, “It’s time to act. Safer campuses. Brighter futures. Prevent sexual violence.” An article about SAAM in Maryland was featured in the Spring 2015 issue of Frontline.
These .PDF resources have been supplied by the NSVRC. Click on English or Spanish to download that version.
- An overview on campus sexual violence prevention: English | Spanish
- What is healthy sexuality and consent?: English | Spanish
- What is campus sexual violence?: English | Spanish
- Understanding sexual violence – tips for parents and caregivers: English | Spanish
- Action steps for health care professionals: English
- Action steps for faculty and staff: English
- Action steps for campus administrators: English
Some previous SAAM resources are also included below:
SAAM 2014: Healthy Adolescent Sexual Development Resources
- An overview on healthy adolescent sexual development: English | Spanish
- Best practices for engaging youth as partners in sexual violence prevention: English | Spanish
- Strategies for becoming an adult ally: English | Spanish
- Safe Sex(uality): Talking about what you need and want: English
- Becoming an agent of social change: A guide for youth activists: English | Spanish
Every April our statewide community comes together to start important conversations about sexual assault. 2014 events are listed in our events calendar below. Click on an event for additional information. For a detailed list of events, select the Agenda tab at the top of the calendar. You can also see a list of events on our Upcoming Events page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your event added to the calendar.